Monday, May 19, 2003

I"m heading out to Chicago today for a couple of meetings and then to Kansas City tomorrow night and back on Wednesday. Tour de Force of the midwest. I had a good weekend just hanging out not doing much of anything except playing with the kids, watching the Pistons and eating a whole lot of Sushi on Saturday with Justin. I've got a crazy week with travel and getting a bunch of work done before Friday, when Cath's parents take the kids and we go to cedar point with Jason and Jess.

Read an interesting article today on Relevant about how prayer works. The idea that we can change God's perfect, omniscient will seems contradictory to me. The author sums it up pretty well:
"At first glance, it appears as if we have a contradiction. On one hand, we know God is in control of all things and has worked out everything according to His will. On the other hand, we learn prayer is expected, necessary and accomplishes great things. Historically and biblically speaking, we believe what appears to be a contradiction is in fact two harmonious doctrines. "
I know prayer works - I've seen it happen. I know God is way smarter than me. I've come to accept that it's something I probably won't ever resolve completley, and I'm okay with that.

No comments: