Friday, June 06, 2003

Brad, Bill and I have finished up our 12 week contest. We basically setup a 12 week contest with different goals in terms of body-fat, working out,eating and spiritual development. We've done this a number of times, and each time we've tweaked it a little. We incorporated the spiritual aspsect into the points system because in the past during htis contest we made our physical bodies such a huge deal and totally neglected our spiritual growth. Each week, over the course of six days, we receive a point for each day we follow our eating plan (six meals a day, balanced protein and carbs, low fat), working out (3 days of cardio, 3 days of weights) and two points for spiritual formation. Of the 288 possible points in this area, I received 274. On the flip side, there were 300 points riding on hitting our body-fat-loss goals. At the beginning we used a formula to get a baseline body-fat measurement using a combination of our weight and waist measurement. I started out at 22% and was at 11% body-fat at the end of the contest - my goal was 12%. Because I hit my goal, I received all 300 points. Brad, Bill and I all worked hard on this whole deal. The rankings are as follows:
1. Dave - 574/588
2. Bill - 483/588
3. Brad - 400/588

No comments: