Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Still at camp. Another great day. The relationships are really gelling between the kids, and they're getting into the grove of things. I just heard one of my guys walking down the hall singing one of the worship songs to himself. Kids who wouldn't normally be involved in worship, are. There's a kid who I've struggled with all week and prayed for all week. I had no clue if he was paying attention, but trusting God would move in him. Tonight he did. He asked a question that showed he'd really been processing stuff. I've had a number of kids come up to me to talk about what God's doing in their hearts this week. The kids are having a blast, and God is moving powerfully. Tomorrow starts to hit harder, as camp sinks in and the speakers both begin to focus their talks.

Cathie comes back from Mexico tomorrow! Here's something I find completely amazing. Kasey Harmon (one of my ex-Fusion kids, no less) watched my kids for 36 of the hours that Cathie and I were gone. Not only did she watch them, but she took the three of them (Nate - 6, Maddie - 5, Emily - 2) out to the movies and to the park. I know mom's and dad's of three who won't venture out alone with one kid, let alone three. The kids love her, and she genuinely love the kids - irregardless of how they behave. Kasey's a real extension of our family - she's watched our kids for the past four years, watched them grow up and become "people". She leaves for college this year. :(

No comments: