Monday, July 14, 2003

I had a great weekend! Friday night, I hung out with Will and Brad. We're going to put on a guys retreat this fall, and we spent some time planning of this, getting excited about how it's all coming together. Will, Brad and I hadn't had a chance to get together in a while, so it was a good chance to catch up.

On Saturday, we went to Anne and Matt's wedding. This was probably the best wedding I've ever been to, short of my own. Not only was it cool seeing little "Tractor Annie" (What my son Nate used to call her growing up, because she would take him for rides on their riding lawn-mower) and my frend Matt get hitched, but seeing my Mark as a Dad and Pastor deliver the message at their wedding and having just about all of our freinds at the wedding. Cathie danced (I only participated on the songs that required minimal rhythm) with her friends, while I hung out drinking beer with my friends. Cathie and I laughed so much that night, it was just an amazing celebration - very much my picture of what heaven will be like. We got in around 1:00 am, and our block party was still going on, so we joined in on that for a few.

Sunday, we just hung out most of the day. Nate, his buddy Austin, and I worked on the tree-fort in the backyard, and ptu a room on it, getting ready to put walls up. We then met up with the Niemi's and Girard's at the dump park that evening, and hung out while the kids played. Justin and I were messing around trying to figure out how to throw boomarangs, and just about took our heads off, and several small children while we were at it. We were so excited that we'd thrown it right, that we sat there watching it as it circled back around, and when it was about 10 feet away, realized it was going to whack us in the head if we didn't duck. What a great group of friends. Jen, Lori and Cathie have such a great time together, share their lives together and laugh hard together. The six of us get together and have a great time when we go out. We're all very different, but still get along great.

No comments: