Monday, August 18, 2003

I've finished my study of Galatians, and I'm moving on to James. Galatians hits the idea that we are saved by our faith, not by what we do. The book of James seems to almost take the opposite approach. I'm trying to understand how the two books complement each other.

Our power went out Thursday afternoon at 4:15 PM. I'd taken the kids to see Spy Kids 3-D when the power-dimmed, and then came back on. What a mess. At about 10:00 that night, after we'd put the kids down, we woke them up telling them we needed their help - eating all of our ice cream before it melted. We ate ice cream and played uno (Nathan and I won the Kurt Family world championship Uno trophy) until late. On Friday, the power was still out, so we went to Cathie's folks friday and spent the day swimming in the pool, enjoying their air-conditioning. They have wireless internet access, so I was able to get some work done once I got there. The power came back on Friday evening and we headed home. Saturday afternoon it died again during the lighting storm, and it went back on about 5:45. Cathie and I went out with Justin and Lori to a Japaneese-French resturant in Novi called Shiro. Not bad, not the best Sushi I've ever had.

No comments: