Wednesday, September 10, 2003

I'm in Atlanta all week at training. What makes this bareable is that I'm with all Xeroids, including Bill, Greg, Glen and Keith who are guys I really enjoy working with and hanging out with. Makes for a fun training class where people aren't afraid to mock each other or hack the local network and each other's computers.

There are strip clubs all over Atlanta, and I'm always amazed at how often people hit them while on business travel and for business meetings. Typically, the guys I travel with don't, and the guys I hang out with outside of work don't - but for some reason, it's seemed like more of a temptation. Left to my own, I'd probably be there too. I talked to Brad last night about it, and I'm thankful I've got guys in my life like him that I can be real honest with and who know me well enough and love me enough to not only pray for me, but help me walk through the logic of why it's not the best choice to go, instead of shaming me and telling me it'll make baby Jesus cry. The last time I went to a strip club was about 10 years ago, and couldn't really enjoy it - I kept thinking of the what he strippers were like as teenagers - self concious, probably abused girls without a dad in their life to tell them how much he loved them - and without a good understanding of how God feels about them as His beloved. If you're reading this, pray for me.


No comments: