Sunday, September 28, 2003

Today was our fifty annual Mud Bowl. Jason did all of the setup and hard work to make it happen, since I've been out of town the fast few weeks. The weather looked like it was really gonna suck. We always do it at the end of September like this, and it's always cold or raining - UNTIL the mudbowl begins. Amazingly enough, the moment the mudbowl starts, the sun comes out right until it's over and the last person has left, at which point it rains. I'm not sure why it amazes me so much that God would change the weather just for OUR event. It seems silly to think that I wouldn't question the fact that he'd send his son to DIE on the cross for me, but I'd wonder whether he'd really change the weather for the mud bowl. We had a great time. About forty kids, most in the mud, some sat on the sidelines at which point their friends decided to help them get covered in mud. The pictures are awesome check them out. The South Lyon Herald was there again taking pictures. Erik, the photographer, actually won a national award for the pictures he took at last year's mud bowl.

No comments: