Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Brad and I went and worked out yesterday with Dan Reynolds and Kirk Vickers. Kirk is an ex-boxer and personal trainer who owns his own gym in Novi. It's a gym much more geared towards athletes than for pumping iron. Many of the exercises are around strength, coordination and reflex training - taking a very different approacht than what I"ve been doing for the past few years. I've gotten into a real rut with my workout, and I'm hoping for something to change it up a little bit. We worked out for two hours - starting with all sorts of funky warm-ups did some crazy super-sets and then some killer ab workouts. The best part of the workout was doing it together with a group of guys. I've been working out without a partner for a while, and it's just not fun for me. I really enjoy hanging out with Dan and Kirk. Dan is the worship leader at Crossroads and is a great guy - he toured in a band for 5 years touring and is the kind of guy who can get along with just about anyone and has a dry and pretty subtle sense of humor. Looking at Kirk, he comes across as a pretty intimidating guy - built like a boxer with the nose to match. He's a great teacher in the gym, and an easy guy to talk to. I'm going to try and do this workout routine all week with them and see where it ends up.

No comments: