Friday, October 24, 2003

Had a bunch of people over for Survivor last night, and Jason, Cath, Megan, Tim, Jess and I had an interesting discussion on where to draw the lines with what kind of movies we see. The discussion was prompted by J, Tim and I seeing Kill Bill Tuesday night. We were talking about how to balance Philippians 4:8 with Galatians 5:13-15 and Proverbs 4:23. We really didn't come to any conclusions - find any specific line in the sand. There are easy lines to draw around things such as X rated movies - but what about the gray areas? How do you balance finding redemption and the larger story of movies like Braveheart and Gladiator with the violence that the movies have in them? Is violence okay, but not gore? At what point am I not guarding my heart? I'm not sure.

No comments: