Thursday, October 09, 2003

I'm in Missouri again. Flew in yesterday morning, after getting up at 4:30 AM to get to the airport. It was a long day, full of off-site meetings with our customer, followed by a late dinner and drinks. I got to my hotel around 11:30PM and collapsed, only to wake up an hour later wide awake, having to wake up at 6AM for a meeting. I couldn't force myself to sleep until about 3AM - and I'm a little groggy this morning.

I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself this morning - for traveling, being away from my family and whatever else I could find to find. As I'm standing there taking a leak, I started praying - reflecting on all of the things I have to be thankful for:
My Job - it's flexability, my great compensation, working for a great boss, in an excellent company with great freedom to be at home as much as I am, people that I enjoy working with so much.
My Family - Having such amazing kids who are so much fun and so wonderful, A beautiful wife who loves me and supports me unconditionally
My Church - A church that is so loving, so caring and values people of all kinds so much, that gives me the freedom to do youth ministry the way we do it, a church that is so authentic with such amazing leadership, grace and love.
My Friends - A group of people that love me and accept me where I'm at for who I am, who would do anything for me, and are such a blast to hang out with.

I didn't feel quite so sorry for myself after all of that. All of that while taking a leak - impressive, eh?

No comments: