Monday, November 10, 2003


It's about that time for me to begin looking at new cell phones, the Treo 600, Samsung i600 and Motorola MPX200. It's embaressing the amount of time I've put into researching these phones. Because of work, I'm on my cell as much as 3 or 4 hours a day, and because I'm a nerd, I want to have the latest/greatest technology. The thing these three phones have in common is the built in PDA. The Samsung and the Motorola both run the Mobile PocketPC operating system and the Treo runs the Palm OS. I'd prefer PocketPC because it's a little sexier, with a little cleaner syncronization and integration into Microsoft Applications. The cool thing with the Treo is that it has a thumb key-pad that allows you to receive and send e-mails on the fly, as well as Instant Message from your cell fairly easily. The downside to the phone is that it's a little bigger, and Sprint coverage seems to blows in the Metro Detroit area. The Motorola phone is tiny - about the same size as my current T720, but AT&T's plans are pretty expenseive - I'd rather stick with Verizon. The Samsung i600 is a little larger, but I've heard good things about it and I'm hoping to get a chance to play with it this week. I work with a fairly geeky crowd (go figure in the computer industry?) that drool over the latest phones and could give you a pro/con list a mile long for each model phone out there. If you're looking for the latest/greatest information on cell phones, or if you want to see just how consumed people are with them - check out Howard Forums.

No comments: