Monday, November 17, 2003


My brother Jon and his wife Beth came to visit on Saturday. The whole time they were with us, Jon kept trying to say intellingent things, and pose for pictures, hoping he'd make it into my blog somehow. Jon and Beth hung out with us during the day, and we went out Saturday night. I know there are a lot of families that aren't this way, but we have a blast getting together with my brothers/sister and their spouses. My brother Jon and I have always been great friends, since we were little. He's a couple years younger than me, and he was the best man in my wedding, and I was the best man in his. Jon is one of the most generous guys I know, and if there was a masters degree in spotting holes in others that are fun to poke at, it'd be him. Somehow growing up, Jon was able to get away with just about anything by sitting around quietly after the fact until people forgot he was there. Jon being in a room completely changes the dynamic - especially in a family situation - typically for the better. Some of Jon's best work is when he's able to say something to my Mom, and I get yelled at for him. Jon is able to tease his nieces and nephews to the point that either they'll chew him out, or their parents will. My sister-in-law Beth is a Doctor - pursuing a fellowship in hematology and oncology. She's brilliant yet humble about it. The kids love her - she's they're "Aunt Bethie". My favorite line from Jon during his visit while talking about Jess (our roommate) was "Do you look through her stuff when she's gone? 'Cause you know she's looking through your stuff when you leave." Classic Jon

No comments: