Monday, November 10, 2003

There's a Mom at my church who is a constant source of encouragement to me. Over the past few years, Cathie and I receive regular notes and e-mails encouraging and thanking me for my time with their boys, and Cathie for supporting me in what I do. Especially with Jr. High youth ministry, you can't rely on the kids themselves to give much back short-term - you've got to look waaaay in the future, so every little bit helps. Here's an excerpt from her e-mail regarding our small group last night:
Just a quick thank you. The boys had such a great time last night. Nick loved it and wants to come every time. Zach was so happy that Nick loved it. We all feel great when we have a place to share our faith experience and it is well received. Thanks for loving kids. Thanks to Cathie for holding down the fort.

No comments: