Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I went to bed early last night, and woke up around 5:30 AM wide awake. I worked for a while and then I went to the gym. I had a great time of worship working out - I was listening to some music that really spoke to where I'm at in the moment. Between sets, I was able to spend some time praying and meditating on where I'm at with God right now. I had an 8am breakfast meeting with Joe, and then came back to get some work done. While cleaning up some junk on my desktop, I came across Psalm 18. In it, David is talking about how God delivered him from Saul when he says ...He rescued me because he delighted in me. I love the image of God delighting in me, the way I delight in my kids. I can picture God sitting back watching me, with the same smile I have when I go check on my sleeping kids or watching them play or sing. The Psalm continues with talking about how God gives us everything we need in our powerlessness. Then, in true King David style, he finishes with a great line like I beat them as fine as dust borne on the wind - kinda the modern version of Stomp my enemies like a Narc at a biker rally.

No comments: