Wednesday, December 10, 2003

In the past I've mentioned before the ongoing practical joke battle we've had with the Niemi's. One of the things they did was stick a pickle-smelling (the manufacturer claims it's "Harvest Spice") air freshner in our houre. For a couple of days we couldn't figure out what the horrible smell was until Cathie discovered it and the Niemi's fessed up to it. We thought it would be funny to stash this in my parent's house, so on Thanksgiving, I hid this behind their dresser and we waited. And waited. After only a couple of hours, the upstairs smelled awful. My parents went out of town for about a week, so I called my sister for an update. She said that she walked into their house and it smelled like someone was canning Pickles. She asked my Mom what the smell was and she said she didn't know, but wasn't it wonderful? A nice buttery popcorn smell (?!?). She didn't know where it was coming from, but figured it was her popuri bowl (which happened to be situated right next to the air freshener). My sister eventually removed it, and I think my Mom is blaming my brother.

No comments: