Friday, December 26, 2003

Once we leave my parents house in Dewitt, things begin to wind down a little bit. I was hurting pretty bad, nursing a sinus infection and sore throat, so about five minutes after I got there, I was crashed out on the couch. Cathie's parents house is a nice change, going from eight grand children to three. The kids love the attention and all of the space to run and play. Cathie's brother and wife were there as well, and we exchanged gifts. One of the gifts I got from them was a LoveSac - a giant foam-filled bean-bag chair, about 5 in diameter and about 3 feet high. It's huge, and comfortable. We had a huge meal and a nice relaxing evening while the kids played with their new toys and we watched the DVD we made Mom and Dad with all of the pictures we'd taken of the kids and other events last year.

Mom and Dad live in a semi-rural area and in the evening Emily started yelling that there were Kangaroos in the back yard. We all stood and watched as ten deer paraded out of the woods into Mom and Dad's yard. Cath's parents is such a contrast to my parents house with all of my siblings, spouses and grandkids, but it's a lot more relaxing.

Take a look at the pictures here.

No comments: