Friday, January 16, 2004

I got back in from New Orleans this morning at 1:00 AM. I've been down there since Tuesday at a kick-off meeting for the group I support. It was 67 degrees and beautiful! We ate at Antoine's, a famous Creole restaurant in the French quarter. They're the creators of the original Oysters Rockefeller (created for john d. Rockefeller way back). I figured I need to try it. I was presented with what looked like 8 piles of puppy poop, piled on top of oysters. It tasted good, but presentation was lacking. This was my first time on Bourbon Street, the infamous home of Mardi Gras, and I was blown away. It was phenomenal. There was so much energy - and it was just getting started at midnight. You'd walk down bourbon street and see every kind of person - transvestite, mimes, funky people while the bands played in the open air bars. We hit Pat O'Brien's, home of the infamous hurricane drink. Between every bar there seemed to be a strip club - men, women, travesties - you name it - just about every appetite could be met there. We had a blast walking up and down bourbon street with our hurricanes people watching and checking out the different bars with the cajun music.

No comments: