Sunday, January 25, 2004

What a beautiful day! Cathie slept in until about 8 (11am EST) and I was up bright and early about 5:30. Our room looks out over the pool, and behind that the mountains, so when I woke up, I read for a while, and I sat out on the balcony watching the rising sun hit the mountains. It was about 70 degrees and sunny today. We had a pretty lazy day, hanging out for a while, walking around Palm Springs, and then going to visit Cathie's cousin out in San Bernadino, about an hour away. Cathie's cousin's husband Brian is a professor at San Bernadino State (one of the few conservative Political Science professors around). He's an interesting guy to talk to, who's published quite a bit, and is part of the Claremont Instituite, a conservative think-tank. He was showing me just blocks away from their house where the fires burned last year. Amazing how close they got. Cathie and I are heading down to a reception tonight, and then going out with some of my co-workers. Should be fun.

No comments: