Monday, February 09, 2004

I just got my new DirecTV TiVO receiver installed today. I had DishNetwork's WebTV DVR (Digital Video Recorder) system for about four years, loved the interface, but it was old technology. I got a dual receiver system, one of them being a TiVO one a standard receiver. The TiVO system is easy to upgrade. I picked up a 200 GB hard disk for $100, which gives me the ability to record about 240 hours of TV, plus there's all sorts of great hacks out there to tweak the functionality and capabilities of the system. TiVO has a very cool home media option that Directv doesn't support yet, which sucks. It allows you to share shows between TiVO's, listen to music, view pictures and schedule shows remotely. I'm working to get mine on the network with the upgraded hard disk and then I'll start messing with some of the other hacks. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: