Monday, March 01, 2004

I'm learning more and more about the Creole/Cajun culture every day I'm down here. New sayings "Hows-yer-momanthem?" (How's your momma and them?). You can have open alcohol in the car down here. As long as some one else holds the class while you're driving, you're fine. I knew you could walk the streets with alcohol, but I didn't know it went to that extent.

I had a great creole dinner tonight. Found out that cajun food is more the Lafayette area, creole is a combination of French, Black, Mexican and American food, where cajun is more a southern french food. Tonight for dinner we ate at a dive on Bourbon street in the French Quarter. I had oysters on the half shell, boiled crawfish, fried crawfish and turtle soup. Great stuff. From there, I grabbed a daquari and wandered up and down bourbon street, people watching. What music and culture. The Zydaco music, the blues, the jazz is amazing.

No comments: