Monday, May 10, 2004

I'm in the middle of reading two different books: Life of the Beloved: Spiritual Living in a Secular World by Henri J. M. Nouwen and The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive by Patrick M. Lencioni.

Life of the beloved has been a tough read for some reason. A couple friends have raved about the book, but I can't get into it. It's some great broad concepts, but nothing yet that jumps out at me or connects to me.

The Four Obsessions is a great book, of three written by Leciconi, all told in a parable form, which for me, helps the concepts stick a little easier. This particular book tells the story of two executives and an individual who works for both and contrasts the impact of these four obsessions between the two different leaders.

I've got the new Vince Flynn book Memorial Day on order at the library. I need some good fiction reading.

No comments: