Sunday, June 20, 2004

Friday night, Cathie and I went out with three other couples (Mark/Jen, Justin/Lori, Dan/Mel) for dinner and then to see the movie Dodgeball. The movie was hilarious if you go in with the right expectations.

On Saturday we went to Cathie's parents for Father's day and spent the day lying by the side of the pool barbecuing. My whole family learned about the joys of why we use sunscreen. We all got fried. On our way out the door, Emily got bit in the face, just below her right eye, by Brandon - Cath's parents cocker spaniel. It's old and not used to kids. I think each kid has been bitten by him at one point or another. We cleaned it up, put a band-aid on and didn't think much more about it. On the way to meet Will for a beer, I got a call back from my sister-in-law Beth (who's a Dr.) telling me we should probably take Emily in to the emergency room to have it looked at. I went back home, picked up Emily and took her in. She was great and the doctor's were nice. The irrigated the wound, put some salve on it and gave her a perscription for antibiotics. The hospital had to file a report on the dog, which meant the Dewitt P.D. would have to stop by my parents house and check out the dog. Hopefully it doesn't bite the police.

No comments: