Thursday, June 03, 2004

I was down at a vendor sponsored golf outing down in Ohio yesterday and I was reminded why I gave up golfing for the most part. I golfed horribly to the point that it was embarassing in the beginning. Nothing like golfing with three guys you don't know, stepping up to the tee, and and for the first 3 holes sending the ball 10 feet in front of you. As the game wore on, my game got a little better, but overall, it wasn't that much for. The social aspect was great. I think I was able to bring team down overall as the day went on. My bad golfing became contagious, and the fact that I really didn't care all that much caught on. If nothing else, we had a good joking around about bad our golf games were. Overall, we finished last in the entire scramble. The only semi-redeeming thing for the day was that I missed the longest drive by 5 yards. I whaled a 260 yard fluke drive that just happened to go straight as an arrow on the longest drive hole, and it didn't quite make it. The fact that I could hit a ball that hard and straight once in my life felt good, though.

On the way home, I was filling up my car with gas and I heard music, the band rush, playing the song Subdivisons. Rush is one of my all-time favorite bands that I've seen in concert four times. Turns out they were playing in concert across the street at the amphitheatre and I could hear them crystal clear. It goes down in history as the best experience I've had filling up my car with gas.

No comments: