Sunday, June 13, 2004

Pretty uneventful weekend. Cathie and I went on a date Friday night to see the movie The Day After Tomorrow. The special effects were amazing, but the premise of the movie blew. The premise was that our use of fossil fuels was causing global warming, and that every ten thousand years an ice-age would occur because of this. They even had a nice, shaming part of the movie where Dennis Quaid looks to the camera to ask if we'll learn our lesson next time around. I reccomend going to see this movie for the first 45 minutes of special effects and then leaving.


On Saturady, the Kurt girls got together to work on their scrapbooks, so my brother Jon came over and hung out for the day. We didn't do much productive, except go to the park and hang out. Suprisingly, none of the kids got hurt (severely) while playing with my brother. Saturday night, I had some guys come over for a last minute texas-no-limit hold-em Poker tournament.


Sunday was paintball with our youth group. I learned two valuable lessons that day:
1. Just because a guy on your team has $2,000 in paintball gear, it doesn't mean he's all that brave or can play paintball all that well.
2. If you some kind of horrible allergic reaction that causes your eyes to swell up and your skin to break out in rash, don't try and create your own "allergy cocktail". I ended up mixing 2 24 hour claratin, 2 benadryl and some sudafed to hit all the angles. The rash went away, I could breate again and my eyes stopped watering, however I lay awake this morning from about 2AM - 5AM, when I finally got up to make some productive use of my time.

No comments: