Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I just finished Blue Like Jazz - Non religious thoughts on Christian Spirituality.  This is one of the only books that Noel has told me I need to go buy.  I did and I love it.  It's one of the best books I've read in a long time.  It's written in a very conversational way, with some great stories wedged in.  I'm not sure how to describe what exactly it's about, though, but it made me think about a lot of the ways I look at the world and myself.   He talks a lot about his life in college, his friends, and the way they treat each other.  He's got a really fun collection of friends - one of those guys that seems like he'd be a great guy to sit down and talk with.  As I was reading the book, I kept thinking that my mother-in-law would really really like the book.  Not sure why that came to mind, but I was laughing at stuff I in this that I thought she would laugh at.

No comments: