Monday, July 26, 2004


Yesterday goes down in the books as one of my favorite days this summer. I had high expectations (which are usually resentments waiting to happen) and it met them all. A bunch of us went to Brad's cottage to hang out for the day.  We spent the day riding brad's wave runners, tubing and grilling.  This picture says it all.  This four person tube was one of the highlites.  We'd get four or five people on the tube and then the battle would begin.  The goal was to either hang on for dear life while the driver tried to throw you, or be the last man standing.  In this picture, you see Brad mounting Ted, holding on to his life jacket while ted straight arms me.  Things got ugly.  Biting (Ted and Jess),  pantsing (at one point I was holding on desparately with both hands while someone had yanked my bathing suit down to my ankles) and slapping.  Brad did beer-but chicken on the grill, which was the best chicken i've ever had.  There were over 7 different air-soft guns (guns that shoot plastic bb's really hard and fast) there and during dinner, an all-out battle broke out.  The battle involved Brad and I versus Jason, Will and Ted.  People switched sides many times, but I got hit a lot and wasn't afraid to use innocent by-standers as hostages to save my own butt.  We topped the evening off with a pontoon boat ride at sunset.

No comments: