Monday, August 09, 2004

I just got into my hotel in L.A. At 10:00 PM PST it was like rush hour traffic anywhere else. It took a half hour to go 2 blocks form the airport to my hotel.

It was a hectic drive just getting to the airport this afternoon. After church, Cathie and I went to Lansing to pick up the kids form Cathie's parents. We hung out there for a while, swam and then left around 4. We hit a traffic jam on the way home at the 96/23 overpass that really sucked. We finally made it home around 6, I packed and got on the road and made it to the airport by 7 and my gate at the airport just as they were boarding. While I waited to board, they called my name and handed me a first class ticket. First class on a 4 1/2 hour flight makes all the difference in the world - food, cocktails and space. The guy I sat next to worked as a consultant to car dealerships. I learned everything there is to know about how dealerships are placed where they're at, the differences between U.S. and European dealerships, etc. I spent the rest of the flight getting caught up on e-mails. I got my mailbox down to 50 e-mails, but sent 30, which comes back to bite me the next morning when I think I'm caught up.

I'm in training for the next 3 days, back Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

No comments: