Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I've been looking at two new pieces of technology lately:



  1. Treo 600 Cell Phone - The idea of e-mail and calendaring and always on instant messaging appeals to me. Verizon just came out with this model, prior to which my Samsung SCHi600 was the best option available. Downsides to the phone are the palm interface and slighly larger size.

  2. DirecTV HD Receiver/DVR with Tivo - I've had an HDTV for a while, and the only way I've been able to really appreciate the picture was through XBOX and DVDs - neither of which really take advantage of it's resolution. I've been waiting for a while for this to come out, waiting on getting an HDTV receiver because I wanted the TIVO functionality for it as well. This box will record 200 hours of normal TV or 30 hours of HD programming.

No comments: