Monday, August 30, 2004

I've been thinking a lot about where I'm at politically over the past few days. Economically and Socially, I'm a conservative. I believe that Abortion is wrong, I believe that the government is not the best care-taker of the people. I believe that President George W. Bush is a good president. Unlike a lot of conservative christians, I believe that you can be a christian and a democrat. I'm a republican. I'll vote for Bush. I believe that if Jesus were walking around today, he would probably be considered a liberal by many. I remember how taken aback I was at camp one year when teaching a class on the changing church. I asked kids to tell me about their church and one of my students described my church, Crossroads, as a liberal church. I asked her to describe what she meant by liberal and her response was "We're not picky about who we love." That really helped me get my hands around understanding what kind of liberal Jesus would be.

No comments: