Sunday, August 29, 2004

On Friday night, I had a bunch of guys over to play poker. I had a few guys from my neighborhood, my brother-in-law Kevin some buddies from church and a couple of new guys from church that haven't really connected with anyone yet. We don't play for big stakes - most of the reason behind it is to get together and hang out. We started at 8 and finished up about 2. I ended up ahead in the end. I provided the drinks and told the guys to bring snacks, "like chips and salsa or something". What do you think this imaginative bunch brought? Chips and Salsa. We had a table full of 10 bags of tortilla chips.


On Saturady we had Steven's birthday party. Standard Kurt party where we sat around, told stories about when we were kids, and laughed. Only person missing was Will (Who by the way went on a big date last night, be sure and ask him about it). My sister-in-law's brother owns a Quizno's in Ohio, hence the van. He started telling me about how they got this, and it turns out, I could have my mini-van covered in a large picture of me, saying something funny. Check this site out: autowraps.com for mroe info.

On Saturday night, I went to a party at Bob Ray's house. Bob just got a new pool and he had a pool party to celebrate. Unforunately, the weather sucked. Brad, Will and I were sitting around, trying to figure out a way to liven things up a little bit. My theory that "Betting on something always makes it more fun" was itching to be applied. Bob's pool had this automated robot cleaner that would cruise around the bottom of the pool in no particular pattern sucking up gunk. We got a bunch of pennies and put a buck into the pot for each penny. We then stood around around the pool cheering for the robot to suck our penny up first. A lot of people got into this, and pretty soon we had a big crowd involved, all standing around the pool cheering for this robot. It was like being at a horse race watching people scream as the cleaner would get close to there penny.

No comments: