Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I played at The National golf course in Kansas City yesterday as a part of an outing that my company sponsored. The course was designed by Tom Watson, and the private course is impossible to get onto (check out the 9th hole - it's about 100 foot drop from the tee down to the pin). The course was amazing. I've never played a course this nice. The golf carts had computer systems in them that mapped out the hole, the course, the distance to the pin - everything except the ability to call the beer cart. It was a beautiful day - 70 degrees and the colors are in full bloom down here. I played with three other co-workers, and we did a lot of laughing throughout it. We didn't win (8 under) in part because I played so horribly for the first 9 holes. I couldn't hit a ball more than 10 feet to save my life. Half way through, things clicked and I begin playing moderately well. I had had some great drives, great chips, but my putting never improved.

I was planning on flying out today, but ended up staying over and flying straight to Birmingham tomorrow. I need to get more underwear.....

No comments: