Wednesday, November 10, 2004



I went out to Torrey Pines to go hang gliding this afternoon. It's a world famous glideport (is that a real word?) by the Torrey Pines golf course. It's right on the ocean and is based at on a huge cliff hundreds of feet high. I was in the tandem harness, ready to go off the cliff when suddenly the wind died down. It never picked up, and I didn't get to go. Next time.

I was in a Starbucks today in San Diego that had a pay-for-use bathroom today. I had to borrow a quarter to use it. Just as I got ready to plop it in (the quarter), a starbucks Barista saved the day and handed me a quarter.

I got up at 4:30 this morning to try and keep my internal clock square, and I'm beat, it's only 5:30. I fly out tomorrow. First class both ways. Gotta love it. Additionally, I'm gold (almost diamond) in the Hilton chain. Gold gets me all sorts of perks when I check in, like a fruit basket waiting in my room, free room service breakfasts, etc. Diamond has the nice perk of being able to walk into any Hilton hotel anywhere and get a room, regardless of whether they're booked or not. They'll actually bump someone for you to get you a room.

No comments: