Saturday, December 11, 2004

Mike, my son Nate and I went to the Novi Expo Center for the annual computer show. Half the fun of this thing is people watching. You get all kinds at this thing. I needed to pick up some stuff for our home system that kept randomly locking up. I'd tried everything and I finally broke down and bought a new board and CPU. I got a great deal. Mike and I installed it this afternoon and it all worked... well almost... the power light on the front is on when the computer is off and vice versa. But the thing clocks in at 3.3 GHz, all for $99, including the onboard video.

Half of the show was wall to wall computer junk, in the most literal sense. The other half was typical flea market type stuff - fake purses, cheap shoes, stereo systems and more knives and swords than you can imagine. We spent more time messing around with all of the knives and swords than we did looking at computer gear. They had a great deal on boxing gloves, so Nate and I picked up a pair and we've been boxing around the house all day long. I've got a longer reach, but he's at the exact wrong height - so it's even in the end.

No comments: