Wednesday, February 09, 2005


A friend at church had asked me a bunch of times to write another article for our church newsletter. I waited, and waited, and waited and she kept extending the deadline for me, until it was pretty much printed. I finally submitted the article to Carole, and figured for giggles, I'd submit it to Relevant Magazine for the fun of it. Relevant is my home page, and I happened to see an article synopsis in the articles section with a quote that kinda sounded like something I'd written. Sure enough, they published it. You can read the article here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dave, hey this is Kate, yeah i'm posting anon because i'm not going to commit to this blogging deal. anyway, i was on noel's website doing the proverbs deal when i saw your name, which led me to the article. i just want to say that perhaps the only reason i was able to hold onto the shred of faith i had during highschool was because of you. you were the only positive role model i had that i could be completely honest with. so i say this in light of the comment you made about the crowd behind you that you may have turned off to jesus. not to say that you didn't, but to say that for sure you helped me and at least thats one.
btw - i'm moving to denver..! i'll stop by this summer before i go.. -later man

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a post by Kate! They crazy part is that I knew Dave during that time also, while I love him dearly he was as flaky spiritually as we all are. Just proves that Jesus is bigger then we are. Also is encouragement that God can use all of us to encourage others. Your awesome Dave despite yourself. I'm proud of you too! I enjoyed the article and got quite a bit out of it! Thanx!
Michael (Your Blog LOVER!)

Anonymous said...

That's cool Dave! Carole read your article to me and we both agreed it was really awesome (well, those were my words, I'm sure she used more intelligent and mature words). :)

--Bill