Monday, March 28, 2005




We had a great Easter weekend overlaid with great basketball. On Friday night after our Good Friday service, Will, Brad, Jim and Joe came over to watch the game. What great basketball! I loved seeing us beat Duke. I know lots of Duke fans, and it was a pleasure seeing them lose. Mike Thompson gave me the run-down earlier in the day on why Duke would win, and why all of the analysts were wrong, and posessed by Satan. I gave Mike a call on Saturday morning about 7:30 to tell him he was wrong.

On Saturday, Nate, Will and I headed out to my parents to help them in phase 1 of their move. It was one of the hardest moves I've done, and it was only 2 rooms of their house. We moved stuff from their basement and garage, filling up a whole moving truck. Will, Dad, Jon, Nate, Matthew and I made hundreds of trips up the stairs, while my brother Dan "oversaw" the move. He's always been good at packing. I got back around 2 , napped, dyed Easter Eggs and hung out with Cathie, watching the movie Garden State. I loved it. Great Soundtrack.

Easter Sunday is one of two days out of the year that I don't wear jeans or shorts to church. The girls love getting all dressed up, and this Easter was no exception. We did pictures afterwards and Cathie cooked a huge dinner. Will, Brad, Joe, Jim, Mark and I watched the baseketball game while my two girls danced around in their cheerleading outfits, cheering, making signs and serving us drinks. It was such an intense game to watch! We went into two overtimes because of Will. With ten seconds left, I saw the players all locking arms so I figured that we should do the same. We all did, except for Will. I let him know ahead of time if we lost, it was his fault. Needless to say he locked arms at the end of the second overtime.

No comments: