Monday, March 21, 2005

We've had the same person baby-sit for us over the past 6 years and she's become a part of our family. I'll refer to her here as Margret - I'm not naming names, because there are a lot of baby-sitter pimpers out there. You know who you are. The type of people who get a name and then start using that person, and making them unavailable when I need them. You know who you are.

My girls look forward to her coming like they look forward to anyone in my family coming over. She watched the kids Saturday night for us and an hour before, they were watching for her at the window. Emily told me I should go pick her up. I told her that Margret had a car and I didn't need to, and Emily explained that if I picked her up, she'd be there sooner. It's such a great feeling to know you have babysitters who care so much about your kids, and really like them. Nate dug her boyfriend, because he plays video games. I asked her if they should get married, and he didn't think so. He said that her boyfriend should marry another babysitter, who also plays video games with him, so they'll both be able to play video games with him. Okay, kinda tunnel vision, but hey, he's 8.

No comments: