Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm in Birmingham, AL for a couple of days. I flew out yesterday from Kansas City, and jumped in my car while I took a conference call. I should never take a conference call while I'm in the car in a new city without a map. Seems to be a good recipe for getting lost. Again. I finally got to my hotel and started getting caught up on e-mail and stuff. It's beautiful down here, 85 degrees and sunny, so I headed out by the pool to take a conference call. Why not do it in the sun? I'm in meetings down here for the next couple of days until Thursday when I head home.

Cathie and I are getting our house ready to sell and we made a lot of progress over the weekend, getting things cleaned up outside and the garage done. Our next-door neighbor is selling there house and our real estate agent called yesterday and told us that people had been looking at their house, noticed ours, somehow found out we were selling it and want to look at it before it goes on the market. We weren't planning on putting it on the market for a couple of weeks, but I told her we could have it in reasonable shape by Sunday. Guess we'll have a busy weekend.

Nate and I have his Cub Scout Pinewood derby race this weekend. Being pretty poor at wood working, Nate and I found a kit on the internet that had a lot of the rough woodwork already done so that we just fine-tuned the car, sanded it, painted it, weighted it and are getting it ready to race. It's amazing, you can easily spend $100 on specially machined axels, wheels, cars, etc. to win. Suprising, I didn't. The $10 I spent was well worth it. We'll see how we do. I was digging through my boxes of stuff I've saved since childhood and came across all of my pinewood derby cars from Cub Scouts and Webelos. They were hilarious looking, but I have great memories of working on my car with my dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And now Nate will have some great memories of him and his dad surfing the net for a cool car!
Dan