Saturday, April 30, 2005

Yesterday was my 34th birthday. Not a big deal as far as significant years go. After I got over turning the 30, the rest were easy. We have this strange tradition in my family on a birthday. Every family member must call that person. This means that every niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, mom, dad and Will must call and wish a happy birthday. Doesn't matter if you're out of town. My brother Dan's called me from Korea before. You get bonus points for being first.


Cathie and the kids got me a grill for my birthday (The Weber Summit Gold C4). I'd always had the el-cheapo gas model from Sears. This thing is amazing. It is the cadillac of grills. My friends Will and Brad have the same grill, but my wife was smart enough to get me one model better.

To make the day better, some of my friends took me out to dinner at Morton's steakhouse as a suprise and a joint celebration of Ted's lateral move within his company. We started the night out at Bob's, having drinks and sampling his extensive tequila collection and then we headed to Morton's Steakhouse. I've sampled all of the big steakhouses in the country and I don't think you can get any better than Morton's for the quality of beef and overall service. We ate like kings. I had a Prime Rib that was as big as my head. We even got Kirk (Mr. Men's Journal Top Trainer in the Country) to eat dessert. It was a 3 hour meal and we all waddled out of there full and really thankful about what an amazing group of friends I have.

No comments: