Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I don't typically talk to the people I sit next to on airplanes, but I struck up a conversation with the guy next to me and I'm glad I did. He was one of the more interesting people I've met in a while. He works for a conservation organization called Ducks Unlimited which I learned all about, but that wasn't the most interesting part. He grew up in Anchorage, Alaska where he worked Salmon Boats and at Salmon Cannerys. He told me all about those industries, the legalized pot up there, the 3 months of daylight and darkness and the wacked out culture up there. It was fascinating. I wanted to write down some of the stories and put them here, but I'm drawing a blank. I'll post them when I remember them.

I walked off the plane and there was a guy standing there with one giant four fingered mickey mouse hand on, holding a Disney Cruise sign in the other hand. I asked him if he was aware that he only had four fingers. He quickly responded back that he'd had five before he visited Wendy's recently.

No comments: