Monday, May 30, 2005

Today was our annual memorial day picnic. The weather wasn't supposed to cooperate, but it did. My main goal of today was to get multiple pictures of Noel enjoying a can of Budweiser beer. Because he's a pastor, you may ask? Nope, he's one of those drinkin, smokin kind of pastors. It's because of his recent message, Why I hate Budweiser in a can (which by the way is a great message, except for his snobbish contempt for the blue collar worker and our beer).

Notice the smile? Doesn't look like he hates Bud as much as he wants you to think. Click here for a more comprehensive photo album of Noel and his Budweiser can.

We had a million kids there. Fifteen total, most of them under the age of 5. The newest addition is my nephew Bender, being held by Madeline, wearing her crazy looking hat from her recent Brownie camp-out.

We also had a ton of food. Grace brought a great cake and cheese dip that happened to look like something I did one night in college after a long night of drinking and a stop by Quality Dairy for some chilli cheese fries. I"m not sure if Jon's throwing up in here or what that face is.

Cathie had asked me to buy some wine coolers for the ladies. We were all suprised to see how my brother Dan joined right in and enjoyed a wine cooler as well.

We also had the traditional water fight. The kids had buckets, hoses, water balloons and squirt guns ready to go. Here's Nate dumping a bucket on Emma. Not sure how he stayed so dry.

It's really not a Kurt party unless we all weasel a nap in here or there. Kevin, Dan and I are able to get a nap in at some point at just about every family gathering. It's a gift, I tell ya.


You can see the complete photo album here.

No comments: