Saturday, June 11, 2005


Last night we had about 30 people over from the core Blitzfest team over to connect, hang out and celebrate all of the good stuff that went on at Blitzfest. Kinda like camping, it's amazing how an event like that can connect a group of people. We grilled out, looked at the pictures from Blitzfest via my HDTV/Mac setup (there were hundreds of these things. I'll post them online shortly). We ended the evening with celebratory cigars and some reminiscing about the event. It's a great group of people, younger (mean age is around 25) for the most part, with some of the team's parents thrown in the mix. I'd forgotten how much I'd missed this kind of community. Cathie and I's friends at Crossroads have been such a dysfunctional mess with people coming and going from the church and sleeping around with each other that it helped me appreciate the moment that much more. I hadn't hung out with a group of people like this in a while and enjoyed myself this much.

The picture above is James Raitz, showing off his pink cast, autographed by Tait. I'd met James last year when he played in the worship band at camp. He's the Jon Kurt equivalent. Sames sense of humor, same movie knowledge, works in a video store. He actually kinda looks up to Jon as a hero, since Jon no longr lives with his parents and has gotten married to a woman.

No comments: