Wednesday, June 29, 2005

One more random thought before I go to bed. Shinn and I were talking tonight about what an amazing representation of the Church this camp is. Not a church, but the Church, with a capital 'C'. Where else can you have this many different denominations get together and do something so great. We believe so many different things about predestination and baptism, but we all agree that God loves kids and so should we. Totally different personalities with all of the leaders here, but everyone connects and values each other in a way that floors me. There's this common theme with the leaders that connect us, because we know how much each other lov e the kids God's given them, and that creates this weird bond amongst us. Over the past couple of years, I've been shown just how nieve I am about this kind of stuff. I assumed this is just the way it was with all youth groups and churches working together. Sadly enough, this is not the way most churches operate. Many like to live in little vacums, staying within their own little cliques. At this camp, kids have the chance to bump up against other christians who different on the small stuff, but agree on the main things: loving god and loving people. I gotta believe that God smiles down on this thing and thinks to himself, "Yes! They get it! This is my bride, this is my church. These kids are the future of my church!"

No comments: