Monday, June 13, 2005

We had our baptism service yesterday at church, which is my favorigte one of the year. We had 9 kids dedicated and 6 teenagers/adults baptized. I love hearing the stories of people's journey with God. I don't think I've been to one of the baptism services where I haven't gotten teared up at least once. We did the dunking part of the baptism service in the high school pool, which required us to have a life guard. Shinn considered paying off some of the kids in the youth group to throw me in. He claims he reconsidered because of the potential of damaging my precious phone. I like to think that the kids know that they'd face my wrath.

On a side note, we have a big group going to camp this summer, the last week of the month, around 40 of us! I look so forward to the week of camp - hanging out with the group of leaders who I've gotten to know over the past 9 years we've done this, hanging with the kids, the teaching and the worship.

No comments: