Friday, July 01, 2005

For some reason, the song The Beautiful Letdown by Switchfoot has been stuck in my brain this week. I keep coming back to the words in the song as I think about life, church and friendships - but in a good way - not resentful, but resigned to a degree that life isn't perfect and I'm blessed and content to a degree right where I'm at, disappointments and all. Kinda goes back to the brilliant words of my sage friend Brad who once said, "Expectations are resentments waiting to happen."


It was a beautiful letdown
When You found me here
Yeah, for once in a rare blue moon
I see everything clear
I'll be a beautiful letdown
That's what I'll forever be
And though it may cost my soul
I'll sing for free

We are a beautiful letdown
Painfully uncool
The church of the dropouts
The losers, the sinners, the failures, and the fools
What a beautiful letdown
Are we salt in the wound
Hey, let us sing one true tune

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blogs and pictures have been fantastic. Thanks for taking the time Dave. Did you call Jason Jesus??