Wednesday, July 13, 2005

We got back from Iowa and our air conditioning wasn't working and I had no idea why. I looked near the blower and the pipes were covered with ice. I cracked open my "How to fix it yourself" book and followed the troubleshooting stuff in it and I think I actually got it working again! I cancelled my call to the repair-guy and I'm waiting to see if I was right.

Unfortunately, it wasn't fixed in time for Jason Monstrola's going away party last night. Jason is a friend of mine who has quit his job to go and follow his dream to be a bible translator in some far-away country. He's going back to school for linguistics first for 2 1/2 years before he goes out in the field. I see a strange pattern here. Will and Jason both have computer science degrees and have both recently quit their jobs to go back to school and follow the desires of their heart. My degree is in computer science as well. Hmmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Middle School Youth Pastor, Dave????