Tuesday, July 05, 2005


We had our annual Kurt Family July 4th party at my parents yesterday. It was a little sad without Jon and Beth there, but we had fun none-the-less. My mom dressed the grandkids for their annual grandkid picture - you can see the newest edition, little bender, on the end of the picture, belted in place so he doesn't fall out. The best part of these pictures is my mom standing in the background, making the craziest faces and sounds to get the kids to pay attention long enough to snap the picture. The weather went between sun and rain for a while, finishing off with a big thunderstorm. My Dad had just come back from a conference and gave each of the grandkids these all-purpose tools that had a siren, flashlight, alarm clock and radio all-in-one. One common denominator was the naps that all of the guys were able to take at one time or another. The key is finding a good spot to hide - under a bed, behind a couch - regardless of how comfortable it is, just so one of the other siblings or my dad can't find you and send the kids after you. I didn't hide well enough, and my Dad sent all of the kids into the room with the dumb all-in-one tools on siren mode to wake me up. It poured for a while in the evening, and we figured the township fireworks were going to be cancelled and left around 8.

You can see the pictures for the Kurt Family July 4th Picnic here.

No comments: