Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I had breakfast with a friend of mine Andy who I hadn't seen in a long time. We've been friends over 10 years and I think the last place I'd seen him was at a wedding he played guitar at. It was good catching up, and eating at the Cracker Barrel, which is full of country goodness.

The whole family went to see Charlie and the Choclate Factory tonight during $2 tuesdays at the South Lyon cinema. The good news: It's only $2. The bad news, it's packed, the seats are horribly uncomfortable, but hey, it's $2. Once I got over beeing creeped out by Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka character, i liked the movie. As much as Tim Burton has bad-mouthed the original movie, he seemed to have pimped a lot of the visuals from it. His story line is more true to the original book, and I liked the fact that Willy Wonka doesn't do any weird songs, I liked the explanation on why Willy is the way he is, and the better ending with the elevator. At least Gene Wilder didn't remind me so much of Michael Jackson when he played Wonka.

No comments: