Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Park Golf Outing


I just got back from Kansas where I had a chance to particpate in Park University's Golf Outing, which my company was the lead sponsor of. The event was at The National, a Tom Watson golf course and the greatest course I've ever played. The picture above is taken on a hole that's about 150 feet above the fairway below, with water on the right. In the outing, we had the option to pay the Club Pro $20 to hit it on our behalf. We were doing badly enough already that we figured we'd do it. I stepped up and hit the best shot of my life. Almost 300 yards into the wind.

The course was ridiculously wet. This was on the hole in one competition, a par 3 with water on the right. I hit a beautiful shot right at the tee, and the ball didn't bounce at all, instead it suck 2/3rds of the way into the ground. Overall, the weather was perfect, we laughed a lot, and lost a ton of golf balls. You can check out the pictures here.

No comments: