Monday, October 31, 2005


I'm constantly amazed by my wife. She is a woman who has such an amazing compassion and wisdom on things. Here's the difference: I'm the kind of guy who finds anger and comtempt a very easy place to live in as I look at people around me. There's a part of me that loves indulging the vanity and self-righteousness of comtempt. My wife, on the other hand, is someone who constantly looks to the best in others and works hard to see both sides of where a person is coming from. She's got this huge heart that pours out compassion in a way that's rubbed off on me and softened my edges. As I'm stomping around in my self-righteous anger, she gently helps me see both sides and provides perspectives about people that I'm pretty sure are unredeemable. Her heart is so tender on this stuff, that it sometimes frustrates her how the stuff affects her. What an amazing woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,your wife and kids are so cute in this photo! Praise God that you have Cathy and your darling children.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family you have!! Yes, I would agree you have a super wife, who I miss showing houses to!