Friday, October 14, 2005

Kiawah Ocean Course


I'm on my way back from Charleston South Carolina this morning on a 6AM flight, after getting to bed at 2:30. I was down there on a reward trip and one of hte days we got a chance to golf at the Kiawah Ocean Course, outside of Charleston.

I'm sure that I'll never play a course again this nice in my lifetime again. As the name suggests, it was right on the ocean and my jaw was hanging down most of the time looking at the scenery and these $10M homes all around the course. At $300 a person for 18 holes, we at least got our own caddie, which was I'd never had before. The course hosted the Ryder Cup back in 1991 to give you an idea of how tough it was. I didn't golf well, I lost a ton of balls, but the scenery was breathtaking.

So that I wouldn't have to fly through Lansing, I ended flying US Air and now I'm stuck in Dulles on a connecting flight. This is a bittergroup of passengers right now after the 4th delay was just announced.

No comments: